Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012

Let's make some orphans! - Building up an IDF paratrooper unit for Force on Force






Last year, I started playing Ambush Alleys Force on Force (http://ambushalleygames.com/), a miniature game that focuses on modern conflicts, starting with the Korean War in the 1950s up to Operation Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
As I have always been interested in the Israeli Defense Forces, the Zva haHagana leJisra’el (or short: Zahal), I decided to start an IDF-Strike Force, consisting of different versions of the famous Merkava Tank, Bell AH-1S Tsefa, Sikorsky UH-60 Yanshuf, Hamer Memugan and so on.

First question I was confronted with was: “Why are you starting an force of jews?”
Well, to be honest: I have had enough of all those US, British and NATO forces, with their old opponent Soviet-Russia or their new foes. For me, the Middle East conflicts always have been more interesting, especially Lebanon war and the rise of tensions between the states in the region.



Plans: As I wrote, I want to build up an IDF unit for some games around the Middle East. My plans are to focus on a paratrooper unit, (probably company size), supported by tanks and helicopters. First few miniatures have been finished, and on Merkava tank is also ready for combat. Looks quite fine so far.



And for all people, who are questioning my project: I know, that IDF units are involved in actions which are against the international humanitarian law and which are often referred to as war crimes. I am no political person. I have not been there and I don’t know what exactly has happened there. For me, this is a miniature game. Other people create terrorist forces to oppose ISAF troops which is also questionable. So, I don’t want this to become a political discussion.

So, let’s get started!



Stargazer

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen