Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012

Imperial Guard Sniper



Hi,

this time an update for my imperial guard army (the first one ;-D). To be honest – it was an imperial guard army in the first place, but now it has more become an army for all 28 mm scenarios set in the near or far future (as long as my opponents accept my army ;-D).

As I am very close to armies of the modern world, especially the Fallschirmjäger of the German Bundeswehr and US Special Forces, I therefore decided to build up a more modern army with loadouts and poses more common nowadays than in 40k years.

To give a little glimpse of what I am planning, here comes the first figure. It is a sniper, originally a model of “Mad” Larkin from the Gaunt’s Ghosts special miniatures set. But to be honest – I did not like the miniature at all, so I tried to somehow upgrade him in order to create a sniper, how he would be in service in the world of today.

I took some references, especially the US Scout Sniper and the German Bundeswehr Scharfschützen and tried to create a ghilie suit.

The outcome is quite nice, I think, but I would like to hear what you think of it. And yes, I know - I am not the best painter, but I try hard.

I promise^^

Some references:



  
 And now the miniature:


Take care!


Stargazer

Kommentare:

  1. Wow, looks very cool! You left just enough of the original showing.

    AntwortenLöschen