Samstag, 27. September 2014

US Navy Carrier Strike Group - Part I

 Good evening, everyone!

I am sorry I have been silent for so long, but I have been ill for quite some time now and though I was able to do my job, I had no energy left to work on miniatures for longer time, nor was I able to post some updates.

I am very sorry for that.

Nevertheless before I became ill, I was able to start the US Navy Carrier Strike Group I was about to assemble.

To be honest: it was quite disappointing to see how little details are on the vessels. I guess I am just too much into GHQ miniatures ... But it is okay, as the ships are very small themselves.

The first vessels I started were four destroyers and CV-2 Lexington. More to follow.

So I hope that soon I will be able to field a formidable force soon (maybe by end of the year?).


So far for now.

See you on the next update!


Stargazer

Kommentare:

  1. it really is terrible to be ill. hope you get well soon.
    I know what you mean about the lack of detail on Navwar models. I have found that the German vessels for WW2 are better than most of the others though. I have never painted any GHQ models, but have seen them on the internet. I must buy some to paint up sometime.
    Keep looking after yourself, and I'll keep a lookout for your finished strike group.
    Roy

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, Sir! I'll do :-D Thank you for comment^^

      regarding the GHQ miniatures: I have got some of them (you'll find pictures of the in the Kaiserliche Marine section) and I really love them. They are quite good sculpted and make a nice addition to my other miniatures.

      Löschen
  2. Ich hatte 2011 tatsächlich mal dran gedacht, mein WWII-Pazifik-Projekt um eine maritime Komponente zu ergänzen, fand es aber müssig, weil das damals irgendwie niemand machte (als hätte jemand WWII Pazifik gemacht)...
    Ich find das jedenfalls cool !
    Natürlich würde ich die Kido Butai nehmen. Logisc.
    Tora! Tora! Tora!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke Opi,

      schön, dass es dir gefällt^^

      Lettow dachte ähnlich wie du, also hat er ne japanische Komponente, die ich nun bekämpfen muss.
      Mal gucken, was draus wird. Ich bin auf jeden Fall gespannt^^

      Löschen