Samstag, 22. August 2015

Gallian Army Construction Report No 33 - It's a tank! It's a Gallian tank!

Hello,


Whargh! I’m done. I’ve got enough and to spare! There is nothing else to add. Anymore would be too much … yes. I am talking about my Chinese warriors; Qin Chinese metal and plastic miniatures, which are not only occupying my work bench but also my mind and are attacking my mental health.
I think there is only one solution to solve this issue.


Splendid idea! There is just a problem: The shooting range is closed currently. I’ve got to think about something different …


But – you may know me by now – I just can’t sit silently.


That’s correct! Luckily the weather is supporting me …


… and therefore I will now take a short break from my Qin army project and will return to a small principality sitting at the edge of Europa.

I currently have got so many projects running in and around Gallia that it will take weeks to finish them. But that is no problem because I’m already planning new ideas and projects. One of them is the Gallian light tank.


I somehow had the feeling I wanted to build that thing and as one of my friends owns the 1/35 model of the Shamrock tank, which has a construction manual with it, I had some references which I could use.
Therefore I began the construction – as always it was quite chaotic.

As my work bench is occupied by ancient Chinese warriors and the last few free places were taken by my colleague who is building one of his vehicles currently I decided to deviate from my original plan and take my floor to prevent territorial disputes.
Using the body of a Panzer 38(t) as base, the chassis of a Panzer III with the running gear of both Panzer III and Panzer 38(t), my work on the vehicle began. It soon became a wild mixture of looking for new parts from different vehicles, comparing those to the construction manual and scratch build the rest.
I felt like when I was a kid and built those wonderfully big kits made out of Lego blocks. It was the same uplifting feeling I got when I found a part that looked more or less like the “original” in the construction manual or when I was able to scratch build something that actually was fitting.
After I had worked for three and a half hours, my floor looked like this:


Well … Some sacrifices had to be made …

Be advised: A man's virtue is hard work!

Thanks to this motiviation from Riela I was able to advance straight to the goal of the day. During that time the vehicle already consisted of parts from six different tanks. For example I had to use two different Panzer 38(t) variants to combine their running gear.


Finally – the first side was finished.


The rest followed shortly after that.



And that completes today’s construction report. Tomorrow I will continue from here.

So long!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen