Sonntag, 12. Juni 2016

Gallian Army Construction Report No 37 - Nature Boy

Hello everyone!

Let’s return to the most beautiful principality in Europa: Gallia!

Small but mighty progress was made - and finally the tank is safe for traffic!


And the first building nears completion:



But why talk about city and houses? Nature! That’s where I want to go to! Well, Alicia, let’s have a walk in the woods!


While I was working on my Soviet female company project, I stumbled upon a tutorial regarding the construction of pieces of terrain – and that with only a small amount of material and time. Perfect for me!
So with the help of my friend, who supplied me with an orange crate (by the way: real Gallian oranges!) and some material for the construction of forest terrain I was able to start the construction of my first few pieces of terrain.

The construction started sketching the outline of the planned terrain. After that I cut the material into shape and started to form the forest ground. And as the trees I wanted to use weren’t supplied with stands, I used the putty to create some stands, too.


After that had dried, I finished the base and base coated it.




I wanted to use sand colour to lighten up the dark base colour – but somehow I managed to overdo it and make the proposed forest terrain into desert terrain.


Several brown colours were necessary to darken the colour again, but then the terrain came out acceptable (at least for me).
So grass and forest material were put on that.


After that it was time to go on with the trees.


I had to wash and clean them, as they had been stored away for a long time. Then I decided to do some test shots.



Still there are some improvements that have to be made.
But the terrain is already usable for my Chinese ….


… Panzergrenadiers …


… and Gallians:


Nice!
But as the tree stands didn’t look that good, I wanted to hide them. So I made some improvements:








The only things I now have to work on are the trees.
And then my first two pieces of terrain are ready! They may not be perfect – but for my first two terrain pieces, they look quite acceptable, I think!

Sonntag, 5. Juni 2016

Strike Witches - A small Bolt Action project (Update No. 3)

Hello everyone!


New stuff for my Soviet fighter girls! This time it's a WIP of my T-34/Mod41 ... or was it 42? Errr ...

Anyway! There was some time during the Easter weekend and my comrade and I met to continue some of our projects. For me that meant working on my girls ... And now they've got a T-34 to kick some fascist buttocks!

Some people advised me to get a T-34/85 instead, because it provides me with more firepower and yeah ... they are right! BUT - and that is important: I like this one much more. First of all: the 34/85 was introduced in 1944, which is way too late for me. I want to be able to play earlier matches and the 41/42 allows me to do so. Secondly: It looks nice and more slender than the heavy turret of the 85.
Now I need a female commander and then I can start painting.


More to come!